Saturday, November 20, 2010

Halloween 2011

Halloween 2010.  Went as Phil Spector,  but felt my wig was a bit too blonde.  Both Annette's Wig and my wig from Wigs of Studio City.  Really like color of Annette's wig, as it bring out the color in my suit.

Annette's dress, vintage 1960's from Playmates Vintage Clothes, Burbank.  Her glasses, Lindergs from Optmetrics, Beverly hills.

My glasses, antique frames, 1940's from Oliver Peeples.  Purchased in 1980, just before that crazy man, Mark Chapman took John Lennon away from us forever.

My gold front tooth, custom made by Peter Nissler, DDS, 2003.  18 kt gold with small diamond inlay.

My suit is custom made, hand tailored from Ben Sherman of Saville.  3 piece.  The flashy silk lining inside jacket matches back of waistcoat.   Purchased  Summer 2010, when my daughter and I visited London to see Nick J in Le Mis. .  We stopped by 3 Saville Row,  home of Apple (the Beatles company), then walked across street, and we found the suit.  Sammy was so excited with find. Unbelievable tailoring and fit, and the maroon gives me dressed up Buddhist spiritual vibe.  But wearing this suit, I also feel like an early Beatle,  a member of the Clash from the video London Calling, or a Mod  from Quadrophenia.  Suit is amazingly versatile for feeling.  Several inner feelings all at once.   Will be wearing for Christmas holiday parties.

Shoes I am wearing with suit are Church's, Shanghai 1929 .  They are hand made, and reproductions of a Church shoe originally created in 1929 for British Colonies.  Very comfortable.  Very unique. Very stylin'.

Truly one of my favorite pair.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment